The following are immovable obstructions from which relief may be obtained under rule 24-2b
- The patio behind the the 18th green and the garden and edging in front of it.
- The artificial surface and edges of the main car park.
Examples of other immovable obstructions relevent to Hindley Hall Golf Club which are covered by rule 24-2b include: Flagpole; 150 yard markers; sighting post next to the gentlemans 7th tee; bell on the 12th hole; drainage covers; signs; clubhouse; edging round the putting green; bridges on the 8th/9th fairways; bridge between 2nd/3rd holes (except when within the confines of the hazard).
Out of Bounds
Generally in or over any out of bounds trench or over any boundry fence or hedge.
- 1st, 2nd & 9th holes: On or over the road from the marked point between either end of the Farmer’s fields.
- 1st hole: The overflow car park to the left.
- 1st hole: Beyond the white posts to the left of the fairway.
- 4th hole: In or over the stream to the right of the hole.
- 11th hole: Beyond the white posts to the right of the fairway
- 12th hole: In or over the channel surrounding the pond to the left of the fairway.
- 13th hole: The land and water beyond the channel to the left of the fairway.
- 14th hole: The pond and channel to the left of the green.
- 17th hole: In or over the channel to the left of the hole.
All brooks and drainage ditches are hazards
Lateral Water Hazards:
- 1st & 11th holes: The drainage ditch and all the land up to and including the water to the right of the 1st fairway.
- 2nd & 3rd holes: The drainage ditch to the right of the 2nd fairway
- 3rd hole: The land up to and including the water to the right of the fairway
- 14th hole: The drainage ditch to the right of the fairway.
- 8th & 9th holes: The stream which crosses these holes.
- 9th hole: The ditch to the front right of the green.
- 15th hole: The land and water within the channel in the centre of the fairway.
Ground Under Repair
Areas marked with white paint are ground under repair and relief is optional, free drop nearest point of relief not nearer the hole.
Stones in Bunkers
Are moveable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies)
Please note that relief may be obtained without penalty from the stake or the tree. The ball must be lifted without penalty and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b.